Functions and Objectives
- To improve the overall quality of existing higher education institutes.
- To upgrade high potential existing colleges into Universities or Model Degree Colleges.
- To identify and fill critical infrastructural gaps in higher education.
- To ensure adequate availability of quality faculty.
- Facilitate research & innovation in the State /higher Education institutions.
- Improve equity in higher education by providing adequate opportunities of higher education to backward classes and women.
- To improve the status of Gross Enrolment Ratio.
- To correct the regional imbalance
- Quality & Research Focus
- Norm based & Outcome dependent funding
- Demand Driven & Competitive
- Apolitical decision- making
- Autonomy in decision making